Monday, August 31, 2015

It`s Tea Time





Hi everyone!

Happy tea time! Today I want to show you some of my favourite teas and let you know some of their ingredients.
As I do not drink coffee, teas are a big part of my life. I drink about three to four cups of tea a day.
So starting with my summer teas:

Emotional Detox Tea by Shotimaa which contains: Hibiscus, liquorice, peppermint, basil, blackberry leaf, ginger, nettle, blackpepper, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.  It is a tea I tend to drink in times I am stressed or overwhelmed. I find it pretty calming. The packaging says:
Emotional Detox - Feel free
Oh, the lure of the deep. We feel the flow of 
desire and sometimes get swept away.
The same flow that carries us away can also
carry away our emotional attachments.
I guess this ayurvedic tea really does its job for me. There is a warning on the box that because of the liquorice people suffering from hypertension should avoid excessive consumption. Well I do not have hypertension I am the complete opposite but if you have hypertension please be careful.

Sea buckthorn and cranberry fruit tea blend by Lebensbaum which contains: Rose hip, apple, fleurs d`hibiscus, sweet blackberry leaf, lemon myrtle, sea buckthorn, orange peel, cranberry and lemon peel.
This is my morning tea unless I am stressed out then I use the above mentioned. I love the fruity taste of this one and of course I love that it is from organic farming and without any flavorings. And I really love the brand which is very environmental friendly.

Digestive Tea by Yogi Tea which contains: cardamom, fennel, coriander, barley, liquorice, peppermint, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper and cloves.
This is also and ayurvedic tea which I usually drink after my main meal of the day to help my digestion and when I have eaten gluten which I usually try to avoid as it does a lot of trouble to my digestion.
It tastes not as good as my other two summer teas, it tastes definetly more like a winter tea, but it does a great job and I love it for that and I like the taste of it. It was the first tea that aids digestion that I really liked and where I didn`t complain about the taste.
It has a little bit of a yoga tip on the box too, that should help you with your digestion, I found that to be a sweet bonus.


On to my winter teas, which are all loose teas and all black teas (I do not actually now why). About these teas everything reminds me of christmas, the packaging, the smell, the ingredients, the taste and the name, so lets take a look at them:

Belgian Chocolate Tea which contains: Black tea, cacao bean pieces, cacao bean shells and (and here come the disadvantage) flavours.
It has a "seductive chocolate truffle taste" which I find a bit to strong but I love it anyways. I tend to use not a lot of tea, probably not even a teaspoon full when I do my teacup. It if really rich in flavour and if you close the bag propper you can use it for years. I have it now the third year (100g bag) and since I use that little of it when I drink it it lasts a long time. I must admit though it is not my winter favourite I drink a lot more of the other two teas that I am presenting. I guess that is because of the really strong bitter chocolate taste. But if you are a chocolate lover this one is great!

Cozy Christmas Black Tea by Hurry Curry by Indiska (Indiska is a finnish clothing and home accesorize store I would say) which contains: Black tea, cardamom, ginger, vanilla, black pepper, safflower flowers and aroma (there is this disadvantage again).
This one is as the above mentioned one also pretty rich in flavour and you probably need less than the package says on the instructions. I use half of what the instructions say otherwise it is too strong for me and I would need a lot of sweetener as I do not drink tea with milk. But it has an amazing taste of christmas and it always gives me that wonderful christmas winter feeling and it is really warming you up from the inside during these cold days.

Marzipan Black Tea which contains: Black tea, almond pieces and (here comes the disadvantage again) flavour.
I love marzipan and I love this tea. It is amazing (if you love marzipan). It really tastes as if you drink marzipan just with way less calories than actual marzipan so as a Tone it up girl this is an amazing substitute for me when I get this marzipan craving. I use about a teaspoon for one big tea cup again it is rich in favour and I have it now the third year for my winter season, I will probably empty this one this winter but it is my absolute favourite and I will definetly try to find it again at a tea store.

As you can see I drink a very different variation of teas, although it is mainly black teas during winter (I can`t tell why). I am not so happy about the fact that my winter teas contain flavouring but since they are loose teas you can see the ingredients and I am fine with that. I would not buy usual tea (the one that already comes in the bags) that contain flavouring. I do not know exactly why but for me I have always looked that all ingredients are listed and that they are free of any additional flavouring.
So as winter is coming I might buy some new teas maybe some fruity winter teas and I will try these and if they are great I will share them with you. 
So enjoy your tea time and let me know what your favourite teas are.

♥Nadja


4 comments:

  1. Wow I love the sound of the Marzipan tea and any tea with liquorice in! At the moment I have Pukka Detox tea which has aniseed, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Marzipan tea is amazing. I just bought a new one which is slightly different but more intense it is called Roiboos Lübecker Marzipan. Very good. I have some new to try this winter too. I will keep you posted.

      Delete
  2. Oooooh Marzipan tea!!!! Hope I find it somewhere. Christmas tea sounds amazing, too. I looooove Christmas, so I guess I need this tea! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes both Marzipan teas I am having now are amazing. I like the new a tiny bit better as I am aware of all ingredients :) Trying a new Christmas tea as well called Yogi tea, I will let you know how that one tastes and what it contains once I have bought the real package, just got a sample to try ;)

      Delete