Friday, August 21, 2015

Maybelline The nudes palette vs. my MAC eyeshadows

Hi everyone!

As you can see I will compare two very different products in price and for me also in quality.
I recently bought the Maybelline The Nudes Palette for 3 reasons:

#1 less pricey than the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette
#2 more shades while spending less
#3 Just wanted to test it

So as you may have guessed I actually wanted the Urban Decay Naked 1, I already have the Naked 3 but was a bit disappointed about it compared to what I am used too from MAC. So instead of going to save money for the Naked 1 I just thought I gave the Maybelline one a try as it was less pricy.

Now the eyelook I usually go for is a smudgy eyeliner with a well blended brown shade in my crease and a bit on the lower lashline. It is a pretty quick look when I do it with MACs eyeshadow in the shade charcoal as I just dip my brush into it once for each eyelid and blend it out and am done. 
With the Palette by Maybelline I went for the shade that is similar to charcoal and ended up dipping my brush into it over and over to get the same result as with the MAC eyeshadow. It felt like taking ages and I felt I had to use 10 times the amount of shadow as with MAC so I was a bit annoyed.

Of course with the maybelline palette I get a lot of shades for a price I wouldn`t even get one MAC eyeshadow for, but I have my charcoal eyeshadow for about 8 years now and it is still not even close to being empty. Thinking of how much eyeshadow I need to use from the palette to get the same result I would assume I would empty it pretty fast. So I personally would rather save and just buy one MAC eyeshadow in three months and have it over a long period than having to rebuy a palette over and over again. 
But if you are just starting out with makeup or do go for a lighter look on your eyes this palette is of course fine for the price.

What would you choose? - Naked 1, making your own MAC palette or the Maybelline Nudes Palette? Let me know in the comments below and see you soon.

♥Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment