Monday, August 17, 2015

My Birthday Cake Recipe!


Hi everyone!

So today I want to share the recipe of my birthday cake with you. It is a combination of something I created myself and the recipe of coco roons.
So why I came up with this is pretty simple. By the time I was having my birthday (in June) I was still completely off grain and artificial sugar. I had introduced sheep and goat milk products back into my diet, but finding a cake that fit that criterias at a store or a bakery was basically impossible. 
So I had to create my own cake so I turned to a sweet I learned to love during the past couple of months that I had been off sugar and grains an that were coco roons.
I used the coco roon brownie dough for my base. For that you will need:

1/3 cup of almond flour
1/3 cup of coconut butter (I have to heat it up so that it is soft)
2 Tbsp of maple syrup
1-2 Tbsp of cacao powder
1 pinch of salt (I use Himalaya Salt as I cannot eat seasalt due to my thyroid and autoimmunity)
1 tsp vanilla extract

You blend these ingredients and then press it into your form as you see in the picture above it is pretty thin. Don`t forget to put baking paper into your form as the dough is pretty sticky. You then put this into the fridge while you are making the cream.
For the cream you will need:

2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (you can choose yourself if you want the creamy or the crunchy version, but make sure it is organic so that you really just have the peanut butter and no added sugar or stuff you wouldn`t be able to pronounce)
about 3 - 4 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt (mine was from sheep milk and not fat reduced. The reason for that is that when you are intolerant to milk your body can process it better when it is full fat and not fat reduced)
1 Tbsp maple syrup (if you need more for your taste then go with a bit more)
1 Tbsp chocolate chips

Blend until everything is smooth and worked in so that it is a bit of a thicker cream. Before I put the the cream on the cake I cut two bananas into thin slices and layed them all over my dough. 



When you are done with laying out the bananas top the whole cake with the cream and put in the fridge for another hour or two before you eat it. 
If it is really hot outside you cannot have the cake outside the fridge for a long time as the coconut butter in your dough will get soft again and the peanutbutter in your cream too. So I personally cut the cake put the slices for the people on a plate and then put the cake right back into the fridge.
It holds about 4-6 days in the fridge if you do not eat it up before.

On a site note, you can do this recipe with any coco roon base and with any fruit you want to combine it with, it is probably also great when you use the vanilla berry coco roon dough, top the cake with a thin layer of greek yoghurt and some berries. But that is up to you.

So this is my birthday cake and a pretty fast solution if you have guests visiting on a short notice. All the people who have tried it so far found it super refreshing and yummy. I hope you like it too.


♥Nadja

1 comment: