Friday, August 7, 2015

My book addiction - Readinglist


Hi everyone!

Today I want to share one of my readinglists with you.
As you may notice over the time I am really addicted to books and reading. It is my me time. When I read I often do not notice what is happening around me so for me reading is something very relaxing and calming. It has basically the same effect as yoga (just that it doesn`t count as a workout). I always carry a book around with me and I am doing that now for over 10 years so you can guess that whenever I had time I was reading (on the train, schoolbreaks, holidays, at a cafe, etc.). So this leaves me with a lot of books that I have read, some books I have only started and then found that the language or style wasn`t something for me but I will never give them up I will always try to read them again at some point. Some books I finished I found not to be as good as I had expected them to be, some books turned out to be better than expected. Anyways today I want to share with you a list of books that I have read so far. To some you might get some more information than just the title and author, but not to all of them. Some of the ones I have already read are not included in this post and that are the swedish crime books series (I have an extra post for those) and the ones that I mentioned in my post about my summer reads.
So here we go:

Michael Ende - Momo I already read this one as a child
Michael Ende - The Neverending Story this is my absolute all time favourite, when I was just 12years old I had already read it about 4 times, by now I think I have read it 8 times in total. I love the old movie to this book too. I always felt it is a must have as a kid and when I became a teen and got more responsibilities this book was perfect to make me feel a kid again. It is such a great adventure.
Walter Moers - The City of  Dreaming Books Amazing!!! It is like the Neverending story for adults, at least for me it is. I have read the whole book in 2 days when I read it the first time. The adventure and the power it has. It is really like it is your adventure (well you must like fantasy and be able to use yours). I must admit I was at first sceptical about it but that was away after reading the first 20 pages. Definetly a fun and got book and I loved the illustrations.
Walter Moers - 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear 
Henrik Ibsen - 4 Major Plays
Jostein Gaarder - Sophies World
Jostein Gaarder - The Orange Girl I love it was on my list for this summer but I have read it a few years back and just love it!
Jostein Gaarder - The Ringmaster`s Daughter
Charles Dickens - David Copperfield
Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice not a big fan of these kind of books/stories but I decided to read it anyways as it is a classic and you can`t say I do not like it unless you at least have read one of it.
Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre 
Victor Hugo - Les Miserables
Nikolai Gogol - Dead Souls I am in love with the russian classics. It is not a thing for everyone but for me they were a must have on my list.
Fyodor Dostoyevsky - The Idiot
Leo Tolstoy - Anna Karenina
Franz Kafka - All works and by all means I haven`t read all of them.
Hermann Hesse - Narcissus and Goldmund
Mark Twain - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn I so love this book. Definetly a favourite.
Allen Ginsberg - Howl strange but good at the same time.
Ian McEwan - Atonement I actually liked it although I found it a bit strange.
John Irving -  A Prayer for Owen Meany
John Irving - The Cider House Rules
Patrick Süskind - Perfume one of the best books ever. Sometimes disgusting too but it is really a good book and for me a must read.
F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
Marcel Proust - Swanns Way I think I have started this book already 5 times and always stopped after 50 pages. I am sure I will make it through this one some day.
James Joyce - Ulysses same as with the Proust.
Dorothy Parker - Here Lies: The Collected Stories of Dorothy Parker
Sylvia Plath - The Bell Jar
Kurt Vonnegut - Slaughterhouse-Five
Antoine de Saint-Exupery - The Little Prince
Edward Albee - Who`s afraid of Virginia Woolf It is good as a book but it is even better as a play. So if you do not want to read the book I really recommend seeing the play if there is one in your area.
Jodi Picoult - My sisters keeper I love the book although I love the ending of the movie more.
Nicholas Sparks - The Notebook My absolute Nicholas Sparks favourite both as a book and as a movie.
Neil Gaiman - Coraline
Neil Gaiman - Neverwhere also one of my favourite books.
Jack Kerouac - On the road I read this when I was 17 I think and on the subway on my way to school. I felt people looking strange at me probably because I made funny faces. This book is really good.
Christina Schwarz - Drowning Ruth such an amazing book.
Mötley Crüe - The Dirt I wouldn`t have needed to read that one. Strange and disgusting.
Stephen King - The dark Tower
Emily Dickinson - The complete Poems
Alexander Puschkin - (I do not know the englisch title but it is a collection of his works)
William Shakespeare - Romeo and Juliet
William Shakespeare - Othello
William Shakespeare - Hamlet
William Shakespeare - A Midsummer Nights Dream
William Shakespeare - Much Ado about Nothing
As you can see I love Shakespeare
The Poetic Edda and The Prose Edda which both were a part of my studies of scandinavian literature and languages so definetly not read all of it
Michael Moore - Stupid White Man
Michael Moore - Dude Where`s My Country
T.C. Boyle - Budding Prospects
Ira Levin - Rosemary`s Baby
Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones
Alice Sebold - The Almost Moon
Wladimir Kaminer - Russian Disco as far as I am concerned the other books I have read by him are not out in englisch, but they are very good so I will just name the german titles: Militärmusik, Die Reise nach Trulala, Mein Deutsches Dschungelbuch)
William Peter Blatty - The Exorcist
Morton Rhue - Give a boy a gun
Morton Rhue - The Wave

So as you can see it is a pretty long list but I really have read nearly all of these. Maybe you found some inspiration on what to read next. I of course have read some other books that are not on this list, mainly as they may come up on other posts about books or because I do not own them and have forgotten to mention them for that reason.
Maybe you can give me some inspiration on what to read next too in the comments below.

♥Nadja





2 comments:

  1. As you know I love reading as well. :)
    My fave author is Sebastian Fitzek, but lots of people don´t like his books.
    Scott McBain is also great. You can compare the topics of his books to the Dan Brown-stuff. I love books about conspiracy-theories. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I am not a very big fan of Fitzek I have written only one book of him so I do not want to make my mind up completely but I will take your recommendation and might add a book by Scott McBain to my reading list for fall/winter.

      Delete