Monday, September 14, 2015

My Favourite Lipsticks/Lipcolours


Hi everyone!

Today I want to talk about my lipsticks and lip butters, some favourites some not so favourites. All of them have their pros and cons. So lets take a look at them.

Benetint Lip Balm by Benefit - this lip balm is great especially if you want one with a little bit of colour. This red is not too strong or dark. But I think it is discontinued by now. I definetly think you will find a similar one that is cheaper and that will do the same job.

Soft Sensation Lipcolour Butter by Astor in the shade Hug Me - this is my go to when I go for a very natural make up or a no makeup makeup look, the colour is slightly darker than my natural lip colour and has a little bit of shine. I love that it is like a balm and that the colour pay off is pretty great. The price is also good and it is not having this strange smell.

Loreal Collection Privee in the shade Doutzens Nude - is a pretty cold nude pink. I find it slightly too pink for my lips and mainly use it as a stain and go over it with a little darker lipstick like the one by Astor or MAC`s Cosmo when I went them to look a little bit more pink. The smell is also not that much my thing and I felt that if I only use this lipstick it would dry out my lips, but somehow I like the combination of this one with one of the other lipsticks.

Rouge Volupte by YSL in the shade no.7 Lingery Pink - I was so much looking forward to this lipstick when I ordered it. The lipcare benefits are great and it is definetly longer lasting if you first apply it as a stain and then go over it for a second time. I do not know why I went with this shade though. It is pretty much Barbie Pink so when I use it I only use it as a stain and go over with either Hug me or Cosmo. The smell though is amazing and as I set the benefits regarding lipcare too. Colour payoff is also great, but next time I would definetly go to a store and try the shades on as I did with my MAC lipsticks to not spend that much money on a lipcolour that doesn`t suite me. Otherwise this one is really great.

Impassioned by MAC - I got this one this year for my birthday and it is my absolute summer favourite. As with every MAC lipstick longlasting, great lipcare, great colour payoff, but I still and always find the smell a little bit strange. But with all the pros and a great price for a great product I actually do not care that much about the smell.

Cosmo Amplified by MAC - My winter favourite for a stronger everyday makeup look. Same benefits as with Impassioned.

Ruby Woo by MAC - which is a Retro Matte red. I simply love it. It is amazing. It is the longest lasting lipstick I have ever had. I really need to use makeup remover to get it off. It is an amazing lipstick for a bold red lip or for a night out. Either way I love it. For me it is definetly not wearable for my everyday makeup looks but if you want to give it a go feel free to do so.

So these are my "favourite" lipsticks. I hope you enjoyed this post. What lipsticks are your favourites?

♥Nadja

2 comments:

  1. Lipstick post yay!!!! :D
    I have two Astor lipcolor butters. They are pretty good.
    Some day I will buy a YSL lipstick...maybe some rosewood color or a berry color. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! I love the Astor lipbutters, but the colours are not really suiting me well. With the YSL ones I recommend visiting a store and swatching them because mine is way more Barbie pink than it looks like.

      Delete