Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My MAC collection


Hi everyone!

You may have already guessed it (or not) but it is time for a MAC post.
Lets be honest if I would have the money I would have probably buyed every eyeshadow, liptick and blush that I could get from MAC but I am on a budget. So every now and then another product joins my collection as I simply love MAC so much. The products are so pigmentet and go onto your skin so smoothly that a little bit goes a long way and that I do not mind spending a bit more on them. (One product a month could be a new idea, just kidding)

So today I want to show you what products I already own, talk a bit about them, show you some swatches (eyeshadows) and let you know what I am planning on buying next and I also want to talk about products I wouldn`t buy again (yes there are some).

Lets get started with a product I have been using for the almost ten years. It is the 
Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage
I love this primer. For me it is perfect, it evens out my skin, makes my foundation glide on easily and stay in place. I do not have heavy rednesses or big pores so I cannot say if it would still work as well if you have that problems but it definetly does a great job for me.

Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
shade: Medium Dark
I love it. It gives me such a natural finish, not too matte not too shiny. And although I was tanned when I bought it a few years back it still works fine for me.


On to Blushes:
Mineralize Blush - Improvise
I use it as a highlighter on top of my Blush to be honest as it has a little bit too much shimmer for my taste to just use it as a blush, but it is really great and for me my favourite highlighter.
Powder Blush - Raizin (Matte)
I bought it for a special look I wanted to do and that I will hopefully show you in a few weeks. It is pretty dark and I do not use it as an every day Blush, but I do use it as an eyeshadow from time to time.
Sheertone Blush - Breath of Plum
As the name says this is a Plum tone, I love it during winter when I am doing a natural make up without any bronzer to it, just my BB Cream, mascara, this blush and my favourite white beanie and I am good to go. I love it especially for the winter. It looked good when I was tanned and it also looks good when I am not tanned so probably suits a lot of people.
Sheertone Shimmer Blush - Springsheen
Great for summer and for winter but I like it best when I have bronzed my face a bit with hoola from Benefit. I haven`t tried it on its own yet I think and if I did I can`t remember. It is a beautiful colour that suits a lot of people. Anytime I have a friend over and we go out and need to do our make up this is the blush I would hand to everyone, just because I am sure it would suit pale people the same way as tanned people.

My eyeshadows are quiet a lot and I will try to go in the order they are swatched on my arms (from wrist to elbow):

 The first one you see is:
Blanc type (Matte) which is great as a base or to clean up or blend over if something went to dark.
Goldmine (Frost) Is the gold tone right under Blanc type. It is a really pretty light gold. It is beautiful for a golden smokey eye but I have also combined it with Amber lights (wich is the next shade) and it worked fine. (I will show you that look some time as well)
Amber Lights (Frost) The darker "golden" shade right under Goldmine. I love it is great for summer or christmas or any holiday and party occasion.  Really great pigmentet. Great shimmer.
Paradisco (Frost) is the lighter coral shade, which is great for summer or a more natural party look. (Let me know if you want to see how I use it).
Nocturnelle (Frost) a berry violet shade, great for a warmer smokey eye, pairs extremly well with a lot of shades. I paired it with Shimmermoss (the green shade further down) and was impressed how well that looked together (I will post that look sometime)
Cork (Satin) great colour for the crease. A lighter brown that you can build up, either way great for a natural smokey eye.
Honesty (Lustre) is the shimmery shade under Cork. I love to pair those too for a more natural look (I know it has shimmer but I need this).
Seedy Pearl (Frost) is the very light soft rose shimmery pearly shade. Love it paired with Nocturnelle or even a black for a smokey eye or the inner corner highlight.
Shimmermoss (Veluxe Pearl) is a green shimmery pearly shade that I haven`t used much yet, but I will make a post where I want to show different looks using this eyeshadow.
Charcoal Brown (Matte) is a bit darker than cork and a little bit colder, great for an everyday smokey eye or as a transisition colour for a heavy smokey eye.
Electra is the silver shade I like to use for a smokey eye.
Orange I bought this for summer to pair it with Paradisco (let me know if you would like to see that look.
Beautiful Iris works great for a purple smokey eye with Nocturnelle.
Print is a black but definetly not the blackest black.


On to the Lipsticks.
The silver packaged thing you see MAC Royal Assets Pink Lips Palette that I bought about 10 years ago it contained a gloss (which is empty by now) and two Lipsticks (I only have one left).
The Gloss was Courting Rose as the name says it was a beautiful pinky rose shade that looked so amazing on my lips that I used it up pretty fast.
The first Lipstick (the one I always used together with the gloss and later on its own) is Reigning Pink. It was beautiful together with the gloss but also on its own, It wasn`t as pink as the name may make you think it was actually a pretty natural lip colour.
The second and thats the one I still have is Ladyship which is more of a berry shade I would say. I do not use it much as it has some glitter or what you want to call it to it. I kept this palette as I love the packaging and I will definetly keep to melt some lipsticks (mainly rests) into it. It has a mirror and a lipbrush in it.

Last but not least my lipsticks, which you may already know from my lipstick posts. So if you want more inofrmation on them check out that post.

Impassioned (Amplified)
Cosmo (Amplified)
Retro Matte Ruby Woo

So these are the products I own.
Products I have owned and didn`t purchase again was the pro longwear foundation which for me just didn`t work. I never found the perfect shade, it was way to heavy for me and I just didn`t like the finish.

Products I want to buy in the near future are mainly eyeshadows that I will list below.
Swiss Chocolate
Nylon
Shroom
Embark
Those are on the list for the next time buying MAC products I hope I will get them before Christmas as I see a lot of great looks for fall with them.

Which MAC products do you own? Which ones can you recommend? Let me know in the comments below. I hope you enjoyed this post and see you soon.


♥Nadja

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that´s a lot. I think I´ll buy cork soon. ;)
    I only have two MAC-Eyeshadows: Satin taupe and woodwinked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cork is great but try it on first, might be a bit too grey in undertones for you. ;)
      I am looking forward to getting swiss chocolate.

      Delete
  2. well I am mega jealous of your beautiful collection ! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I recently got the Fix+, which I haven't used yet and the Cremeblend Blush in Something Special. I love MAC. Hope to add up the eyeshadows that are on my wishlist soon.

      Delete
  3. http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9bFxMOOnLew/VYT9gUqaqXI/AAAAAAAAQeY/ujRGe54iCIg/s1600/blogger-image-252501474.jpg

    Just look at these <3

    ReplyDelete