Saturday, December 19, 2015

DIY Christmas Gifts!

Hi everyone!

So in a complete hurry with all the Christmas stuff and University I completely forgot to bring you a special Christmas post on Tuesday.
Thinking of which I came up with todays post.
We all know this feeling when we notice we have forgotten to buy a gift for a person and then we have to rush to the store and buy something. This is exactly why I came up with this post.
I set down and thought a bit about some last minute DIY gifts and came up with three.

1. The first one is my DIY Body Scrubs that I posted a while ago on the blog.


You may find most of the ingredients in your kitchen. You can make smaller portions than this, or devide it and give it to more than one person. You could also do a lip scrub. Using sugar, coconut oil and some flavour such as orange extract or strawberry extract and give it away in small containers.

2. Second options are homemade chocolate pralines. For the option with the dark chocolate you will need:

 dark chocolate (I prefer dark chocolate coating)
some milk
a little bit of extract of your choice (I used rum)
covering of your choice (I used brittle chips and fine sugar)

Melt the chocolate then add depending on how much chocolate you use the milk, a bit of rum and blend it well. Put into an extra container and let it harden in the fridge for about 1 hour. Then scoop out a tiny amount with a spoon, shape it into small pralines and cover it in your covering. Make sure to work fast as the chocolate will melt easily. 

For the white chocolate you will need:
white chocolate (I prefer chocolate coating again)
some milk
coconut shavings

Proceed as with the dark chocolate version.
Store them in the fridge until you are giving them away.

3. Is the most personal gift I came up with. And it is called TIME. Give away some time to a loved person or a person you haven`t spent a lot of time with in the past. In this fast paced world, we often forget how much fun it can be to just spend time together with the people we love. We often say "Oh lets do this or that together" and then something comes in the way of it. Give time away and enjoy a day with just this person. Write down gift card where you give your time away, maybe a girls night, a movie night, or a road trip. Think of what you two would enjoy the most doing together.

So these are my three DIY gift ideas. I hope you like them.
What are you giving away for Christmas this year? What are you wishing for? Let me know in the comments below. and I hope to see you soon.

♥Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment