Sunday, December 13, 2015

My Christmas Look - MAC eyeshadows only!


Hi everyone!

With Christmas right around the corner we all need to figure out what to wear, what we will be doing with our hair and make up. So for today I thought I`d share with one of the looks I am planning on wearing for christmas eve and hope it will inspire you. It is inspired by the colours I think of when thinking of Christmas, which is gold and red mainly.
Before I usually do my make up I wash my face with my daily face wash by Dermalogica. As my skin tends to get very dry during winter I will use a daily exfoliater and my moisturizer. After that I would usually apply my Primer. I am using the MAC Prep and Prime Skin Primer, but as always when I am using glittery eyeshadows, which I of course will do (hello it is Christmas!) I start with my eyes. I first prime my eyes with an eyeprimer, you can use any primer you prefer, I usually just use my MAC Pro longwear concealer in the shade NW 20 (but you do your shade of course). I lightly pad it all over my lid and up to the bridge of my nose.

I then went in with MAC- Soft Brown and dusted it with a fluffy Brush by (Zoeva) into my upper crease as a transition colour. I then went in with MAC- Swiss Chocolate using a different brush than before and put it lightly into my lower crease and the outer edge of my eye. I then went back in with the brush from before and blended it all together so that I had no harsh lines. I went a second time in with Swiss Chocolate and put a bit more of it on the upper part of my lower lid and the outer corner and blended it again (remember no harsh line).
After that lets get the glitter on. I personally use my fingers as I always feel it is more pigmented than when I am using a brush, plus it is faster. So now really on to the glitter. I first added MAC- Goldmine all over my lower lid and especially into the inner corner. To the outer corner of my lower lid and the middle I added MAC- Amber lights. I then went in again with my first brush and a bit of Swiss Chocolate on it and start to blend it all together in my crease.
Before I continued on with my eyes I did my base. Priming my skin first with MAC Prep and Prime Skin.
Today I went in with my L`Oreal Perfect Match Foundation (I use the shade Vanilla) applying it with my Buffer Brush from Zoeva. As usually I had put some MAC Fix+ on my brush as I feel it so much easier to apply my foundation on my dry skin and I just love the finish. After applying an even layer of foundation all over my face I applied MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NW 20) under my eyes (in a triangle shape) on the sides of my nose, the top of my nose, my forhead and my chin. I blended it in with a damp sponge. Under my eyes I usually blend from outer corner to inner corner down on the side of my nose to the outer corner of my eye back to the inner corner in dapping motions. After that I set my under eye area, my forhead, nose and chin with MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder, first dapping it on then dusting the excess of in circular motions.
Now back to my eyes to putting it all together. I went in with a small angled brush applying swiss chocolate to my lower lashline (only half way from the outer corner to the inner corner), from the inner corner to the middle of my lower lashline I put Goldmine and then blended all together with a fluffy brush and a bit of Soft Brown on it. Last but not least I put MAC- Shroom on my browbone and the inner corner of my eye. I then put a black liner onto my waterline and coated both upper and lower lashes with Benefit-Bad Gal Mascara in black.
I didn`t really contour. But I put a bit of Benefit-Hoola Bronzer on my cheeks and a bit lower and on my temples. As a rouge and highlight (for me it just works both ways) I used Mineralize Blush in Improvise.
As a lipstick I have to options. The first one is the one you see on top, a red lip, using MAC-Ruby Woo Lipstick with Benefit-Benetint on top.

Second option is a darker lip, using NYX Lip Pencil in Plum all over my lips with Manhattan Soft Rouge Lipsticks in 650 Ra-Ra Raspberry which you see on the left.

That is my completed look. I hope you enjoyed. Let me know in the comments if you want to see more Make-Up looks in the future.
Enjoy this beautiful glittery time of the year and see you soon.

♥Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment