Wednesday, December 30, 2015

New Years Eve Makeup Look!



Hi everyone!
Today I want to share with you a possible New Years Eve Makeup Look, but you could basically wear it to any night out.
If you want to know how I do my base please check out one of my other looks describing how I proceed.
Products I used for my base for this particular look are MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage, YSL Touche Eclat Foundation in B40, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20, MAC Prep+Prime Translucent Finishing Powder.
Now onto my eyes. I did a soft purple cut crease (a really soft one) and silver, rose and green shades in my lower lid. Lets see it step by step.

1. I went in with the 2nd shade from Maybellines The Nude Palette which is like a warmer grey (touch of brown) with a bit of a sparkle. I used this as a transition colour and blended it above my crease. Trying to stay away from my lower lid only focusing on my upper lid. To do so I used a fluffy blending brush from Zoeva. I blendid it into the inner corner as well.

2. I went into the same area as before using MAC eyeshadow in the shade Beautiful Iris. I blended this one in with a pointed blending brush. I wanted this one as a transition shade  for my next step.

3. For this step I am using a smaller pointed blending brush and MAC eyeshadow in the shade Nocturnell. Which is a pretty rich purple which blends easily. So depending on how dark you want this crease to be you can build it up.I put this shade exactly in the crease trying not to drop anything on my lower lid. Once I felt it was dark enough I went in with my first fluffy blending brush and blended everything above the crease together.

4. For this step I used an eyeliner brush with MAC eyeshadow in the shade  Print which is a black. I put that with the eyeliner brush exactly into my crease dragging it a tiny bit up. To not only have a harsh line there I went in with the small pointed blending brush and Nocturnell on it and blendid the harsh black line out.

So this far for the crease. Now onto the lower lid.

5. With MAC eyeshadow in the shade Seedy Pearl (Frost) on a flat brush I went all over my lower lid, dapping it on. cleaning up everything that went to low from the crease.

6. With MAC eyeshadow in the shade Electra I went from inner corner to the mid of my lid dapping it on with a flat eyeshadow brush as well. (I used this one as I wanted a bit more shimmer and glitter and party feeling)

7. Onto the crazy step. Never ever would I`ve thought that these shadow would work together but they do. With MAC eyeshadow in the shade Shimmermoss (Veluxe Pearl) on another flat eyeshadow brush I dapped it onto my eyelid from outer corner in a V-shape up to my crease (yes putting it exactly to that purple) und down to my lash line (keep the V-shape in mind). This shade doesn`t show up much on the picture I know. But it is light reflective and it is so amazing when you are in a club I promise you.
I also put this shade on the inner corner of my lower lash line.

8. With Nocturnell on a small pencil brush I went in on my lower lashline really close to my lashes and brought everything together. (Keep the blending in mind)

9. As a brow bown and inner corner highlight I used MAC eyeshadow in Shroom.

10. I used a black liner on my upper lashline (I prefer gel eyeliner or pencil) as you can see I do not do a wing. I do not like a wing on myself (or my eyeshape) but do as you want to. I also used the same blackliner (which was some drugstore liner) on my waterline.

11. For mascara I used for the first coat BadGal Lash Mascara from Benefit in Black and for the second coat I used Manhatten Surpreme Lash Fresh Volume Mascara in Black

So this is it for the eyes.
Now onto the rest.
I did a tiny bit of contouring using MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark which for me is the most natural shade for contouring I could use. For my Blush I used Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Heather Pink.
For highlighting I used again Shroom on my cheekboney, the bridge on my nose, the tip of my nose and my cupids bow.

For my lips I used MAC Viva Glam II Lipstick. But I am sure any nude or more natural toned lipstick would work.

If you want to make this longer lasting remember to use a finishing spray as MAC Fix+.




I hope you like this look.
I wish you all a great New Years Eve. Enjoy your day and have a great start into the New Year. I will see you all again in 2016. With new posts wether they are book related or beauty related.
I am happy to take requests on posts in the comments below.
See you soon

♥Nadja

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually think shimmermoss is discontinued :/
      But any other blueish green that has a pearleffect would work

      Delete