Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Something Special for you! Chapter 36


The Fair was overwhelming for me. I was standing in front of it as I had developed roots into the ground. Scott had just kept going until he noticed. He turned around.

What was wrong with her now? I went back to her.

“What is wrong?” I looked at her worried. Her eyes were filled with tears.

“If you don`t want to go we can leave again.” I tried again.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. I told myself over and over again to not start crying. When I cried then because I was completely overwhelmed. Scott moved towards me, wanted to hug me and calm me down but I didn`t needed that. I didn`t need to be calmed down. I was just unbelievable happy and teared up over it.

“I am fine,” I smiled.
“This whole thing is just so beautiful. All these lights and the laughter. Real laughter.”

“So you cry out of joy?”

“Yes let`s go!”

We went over the Fair. Tried our luck at the shooting game. I was sure that the rifle wasn`t working the way it should. I didn`t hit the target. I was not even close. I couldn`t understand it as my dad had always taken me with him to the shooting ranch. In the End Scott managed to shoot the target and got me a big teddy bear. I guess there was a little cowboy in him besides the surfer.

Now I walked happy with my teddy bear over the fair. We passed the swing carousel where joyful screaming kids enjoyed their ride. We were standing in front of the Ferris wheel. Scott looked at me as if he wanted to ask me to take a ride on the Ferris wheel. I think it is too cheesy and boring sitting in a gondola and drive up and down in slow motion. I could still do that when I am old. No I had seen something different.

“Come one,” I pulled Scott at his arm with me to the rollercoaster.

“I want to write this one.” I didn`t need to talk Scott into it. He is an adrenaline junkie.

After the first ride I thought my ears got seriously damaged by her screaming. After the first right I must have gotten used to it.
She obviously was a little adrenaline junkie too. I had nearly had to force her out of the rollercoaster to make it to the concert in time.


On the way to the Club she had bought popcorn and cotton candy. She was really like a little kid in a candy shop but she had never experienced all this. These were all new impressions and she seemed to love them from the bottom of her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment