Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Bikini Series Day 2



Hi everyone!

I hope you all are doing fine!

Time for a recap on Day 2 of the Bikini Series.

My alarm rang at 6am today for my 20 minute cardio Tone it up Bootycall. I am still wondering how I get my music to play as my alarm instead of that horrible alarm sound (obviously not that into technical stuff) but I guess I will not figure it out any time soon.

So I put my workout clothes on (which I had laid out last night) took my asthma spray and my thyroid medication and went on my spinning bike for 20 minutes of cycling. Since I haven`t cycled in a while I didn`t put much resistence in. I just wanted to get these 20 minutes over while watching morning TV.

Once I was done I was able to cross of 5 miles off those 100 miles by summer as I managed to cycle 15 miles.
I then went first to cuddle the dog which had now woken up and then went into the kitchen to get my breakfast set up so that it could simmer away while I got ready.

Since I had some skin irritations on my forehead and around my nose (which I assume is due to allergies) I didn`t put on any makeup. I just made sure to cleanse and moisturize and put sunscreen on (I wouldn`t call it a waste, but there was more rain, clouds and snow than sun today - spring where are you?!).

So once my Quinoa Porridge was ready (today I had the Vanilla Apple Mango Version) I said down to eat and relax before I had to focus on that 1 hour drive.
Since todays classroom was 1km away from my parking lot I got in a walk in the fresh and very very cold air.
Staying focused through a topic which is necessary but not really interesting (for my taste) was a bit of a challenge today, but there are days like this and we all know them. The fact that it was really cold in the room didn`t help either.
At least we got out 5 minutes early. We took another 1km walk back to the main campus where my car was parked. While I drove home I ate my meal 2 which was half an apple. I had the other half about one hour after I came home.
It was a bit busier than I had planned the day, but while my Beach Babe 4 videos were downloading I was reading another Chapter in my book.

As usual I went up at 4pm to do my PM Workout which today was Beach Booty from the Beach Babe 4. Oh my god I knew once I was doing it that I didn`t had to wait until tomorrow to feel the soreness and so true. I am sore by now. I am feeling it on the sides of my booty and my outer thighs but it feels so good. I know it might sound weird but it feels good to feel that I had been doing something to change.
I followed that routine up with Yoga Camp Day 13. Todays mantra was I deserve. The practice was more restorative so it fit perfectly in with todays other workouts. Besides that isn`t the mantra just amazing?

Think of what you deserve. I thought of it during my practice and I repeated that mantra again and completed the sentence.

I deserve to be happy.
I deserve to be healthy.
I deserve to be loved.
I deserve to love myself.
I deserve...

Just amazing. I can`t tell it often enough how including mantras or daily affirmations to m routines have changed my mind when it came to motivation, but also self love.

After my workout I warmed up my soup as I was really hungry. I had actually planned it as meal 5 but as everything went upside down from the moment I came home. I just had it after my workout and planned a slice of GF bread with an egg for my Meal 5.
The soup I had today was a soup I had made 2 weeks ago and frozen. It made 6 portions. And is basically a leftover soup from a bean salad.

For that soup you will need:
1 red onion
Celery
1 inch piece of turmeric
1 inch of ginger (go after what you like here)
2 garlic cloves
1 sweet potatoe
2-3 carrots
cardamom, cumin, salt, pepper
3 Tbsp white beans
3 Tbsp Chickpeas
3Tbsp kidney beans
1/4 cup red lentils

Sautee onions and celery for about 5 minutes, then add the turmeric, ginger and garlic and sautee for another 2 minutes. Then add the other spices and sautee for another minute. 
Next add in sweet potatoe chunks and carrot chunks and sautee for 3 to 4 more minutes. Move them around so they get coated in the seasoning.
Then add the beans and fill it up with boiling water until everything is covered up.
(you could use vegetable stock but I don`t feel the need for it with all the vegetables and flavor)
Let it cook for 30 minutes on a medium (low) heat then add in the red lentils and let it cook for another 10 to 15 minutes until everything is soft.


I read another chapter in my norwegian book and then decided to call it a day.

As I am sitting and writing this post I am watching some tv and drinking my good night tea which is a herbal tea that is really good to calm the mind and body down before you go to sleep.

All in all I am happy with Day 2. I didn`t had any major skip ups and I didn`t miss a workout. I am proud I didn`t give up when everything went upside down. Shows me how committed I really am this year.

Thank you all for reading.
Take care

❤️Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment