Sunday, April 24, 2016

Bikini Series is here!!!


Hi everyone!

So finally it is there. The Tone it up Bikini Series 2016.
I signed up early. I bought my bundle as extra motivation and it arrived on time!
You can guess how excited I am to make real changes this year.
To do so a lot of planning and preparation is required.
I not just planned my university schedule (when to read what, when to prepare which presentation etc.) I also planned my "private" life. Yes I count University as work and nutrition and fitness as private life.
So I am happy to own the Beach Babe 4 Journal now.
All Tone it up Workouts from the Beach Babe 4 are already scheduled in the Journal as well as your Cardio Workouts. I only had to add my Yoga Camp workouts from Yoga with Adriene (you can find it for free on Youtube) to the Journal. Which I did in the Workout Section.


The Journal also allows me to plan my meals, my grocery list and to check my hydration.
The Journal also helped me take look at where I am at now. I already weight and measured myself today, as the Week always ends with a Sunday, where you have to weigh and measure yourself again.


It is not just amazing for recording your progress but also to reflect (yep it has an extra section for that). It also has a goal section which I still need to fill in. Maybe I will have an update on that tomorrow night (still thinking of my goals mind and soul wise). Where do I want to be after this 8 Weeks? I got to think about that for another night.

To succeed in this Journey a lot of planning is required. Although as a member I get the 8 Week Nutrition Plan which takes away a lot of planning usually. I have to plan on my own. Why? Because the TIU Grocery list exceeds my weekly grocery budget of 15-20 Euros by far. I could bet I would at least spent 40 Euros. (Isn`t it weird that healthy food is cheaper than the junk food?)
So I have to adjust it to what I can spent. I also have to make adjustments to my food intolerances, although the Tone it up Nutrition Plan serves my autoimmunity well I can`t always rely on it to fit my bodies needs and tolerances. The Tone it up Nutrition Plan helps me with guidlines as well as inspiration in the kitchen. So it is definetly helping me prepare and plan my meals.

So today I prepared two soups as well as my breakfast (that one not completely though).
Preparing the soups actually already started last night by activating my dried black beans. I am a lucky Hashimoto patient and tolerate beans, but they need to be activated over night.
So I added 250gram dried black beans to a bowl, added 500ml of water and 2Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar, which helps get the acid (pythin it is I think) out of the beans. This acid is mainly what is causing the problems. You could by all means use canned black beans but I usually find that they added lots of salt and sugar to the beans (or chilie) so I`d rather like to use dried black beans for this soup. For the black bean soup you will need:


250 grams  activated black beans
1 big red onion
celery
1 red bell pepper
1 can tomatoes (chuncks)
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp chili (powder)
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp dried Oregano
Salt and Pepper
Juice of half a lime
Vegetable stock

I started by cutting my onions and bellpeppers in chunks, for the celery I used left overs which I had frozen (you could use the green one as well). I then got on to the garlic.
I rinsed off my beans and let them dry, while I sauteed the onion, bell pepper and celery for about 5 minutes. Then I added the garlic and the spices and sauteed that for another minute. 
Add the tomatoes and black beans. Fill it up with vegetable stock. Once the mixture reaches a boil I turn the temperature down to low, add a lit and let it simmer for 4-6 hours. I then use a blender and blend it (though not completely smoothe). Add the lime juice and I am done. 
I put it into containers that match a portion size and let it cool. Once it is completely cooled I put it into the freezer. So I only have to grab it and heat it up the day I want to eat it. I then top it with either avocado or plain coconut milk yoghurt.

Next was my second soup which I choose to prepare after the black bean soup as it is just quicker to make. The Broccoli Pea White Bean soup. I use frozen broccoli and peas for that as it saves me the time of cutting my broccoli, I have no waste as well as it is simply cheaper. For this one you will need:

2 onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 can big white beans
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper
250-300 grams frozen broccoli
(one whole broccoli, including the stems)
250 gram frozen peas
Vegetable Stock
juice of 1/2 lime

I first of all rinsed my canned beans off very well. You want to get most of the added sugars and salts off. And then let them dry.
While they were drying I cut my union into smaller chunks, as well as the garlic. I then measured off my spices/herbs as well as my veggies.
Then I sauteed my onions for about 4-5 minutes then added the garlic as well as the spices and sauteed that another minute before adding the beans, the broccoli and the peas. I filled my soup pot up with vegetable stock until everything was under water. I brought that to a boil, then turned the heat down to low and let it cook for 30-50 minutes until the broccoli was completely soft.
I then blended it with a blender smooth, added the lime juice and filled into containers measuring one serving. I said one serving aside for tomorrow and put three into containers to freeze.

Next on was measuring up the ingredients for tomorrows breakfast. I like my breakfast warm so I always prepare it in the morning, but this whole progress goes way faster when the ingredients are measured off. My breakfast is usually some variation of Quinoa Porridge. This week I chose Vanilla Apple Mango Quinoa Porridge and Vanilla Apple Banana Quinoa Porridge. You will need for that:


35- 40 ml of Quinoa (I know that is inaccurate, I have those white measurement spoons of Ikea and use 1/4 of the biggest/the 100ml spoon)
100 ml of vanilla almond milk
2 Tbsp of either Apple Mango Sauce (this one contains no sugars just 78% Apple and 22% Mango)
or Apple Banana Sauce (78% Apple, 22% Banana)
1 tsp maple syrup (if you need additional sweetness, honey would work as well or agave)

For topping I use:
2 tsp vanilla coconut milk yoghurt
2tsp of the apple sauce I used

I measured the liquid ingredients together and added them to a mason jar and I measured the quinoa off and added it into a small container.
So when I wake up tomorrow morning I just have to through this in a sauce pan, bring it to a boil and then turn the heat down to low. While this simmers for 15-20 minutes I have the time to get ready in the bathroom after my TIU bootycall.

So this is it for today!
I hope you stay tuned and follow me through this journey.

I will be back tomorrow, with an update on Something Special as well as and update on how my first day of the Bikini Series went.

Take care

❤️Nadja










No comments:

Post a Comment