Friday, April 8, 2016

Favourite Foods Made Healthy! - Peanutbutter Chocolate Bites


Hi everyone!

Welcome to another post of my Favourite Foods made healthy series. Today I want to present you one of my favourite favourite foods recipes. 
I used ot make this bites with butter cookies usually. They are made very quick and are so great to pack when I go for longer walks with the dog.
They are salty (thanks to the peanutbutter) and sweet (thanks to the chocolate) at the same time. They are packed with antioxidants (thanks to the chocolate) and with protein (thanks again to that peanutbutter). Plus don`t they just look beautiful?

So the only thinks I switched out here compared to the usual recipe is the cookie base and the chocolate I use for the topping.
Usual chocolate often contains milk even though they have a high percentage of cocoa. Usual chocolate also often contains a bunch of refined sugar which we all know I can`t eat as I get pretty bad rashes and stomachaches. Plus it messes with my concentration.

So instead of the cookies I will use ground almonds in this recipe, if you are allergic to nuts this isn`t a thing for you I know but you may have other no bake base recipes you use so try those mixed in with sunflowerseed butter for example (just to give you some inspiration here).

The chocolate I am using for this recipe isn`t containing any milk I found that at a local organic store it is a bit cheaper than the usual I used before but it is also so much better in taste plus it contains palm sugar instead of refined sugar (this is what makes it work for me).

The peanutbutter I use is of course sugar free (yes many of them contain a bunch of sugar).

So lets get started.


#1 blend 125 gram of ground almonds with 2 to 3 Tbsp of Crunchy Peanut butter (you could go with a creamy peanut butter too but I prefer the crunch in my base) and 1 Tbsp of maple syrup. Blend until a dough forms

#2 press the dough into a form that you layed out with baking paper (yes all the way around as it will stick)

#3 in a double boiler melt 150 gram of organic dark chocolate (70%) with (optional) 50 gram of organic dark chocolate (90%) and 2 Tbsp (flat ones so one big one should hold as well) of creamy peanutbutter together

#4 in another double boiler melt 2 Tbsp (flat ones so one big one should hold here as well)

#5 pour the melted chocolate peanutbutter mixture over your base, then with a spoon drizzle the melted peanutbutter over. With the end of the spoon you create the design on top by doing figure eights (do that light handed)

#6 put in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Then take it out of the form and cut it into squares.

Now you are ready to try this lovely favourite foods made healthy recipe or you can choose to refrigerate it for another hour (I like them acutally best when they are cooled longer). If you try this recipe make sure to leave me a comment below or tag me on your picture on instagram or twitter so that I can see what you came up with in your kitchen.

Thank you for reading and I hope to see you soon.

❤️Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment