Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My Summer TBR/ Wrap up



Hi everyone!

I know this one is up a bit late, but I thought I will share it anyways.
So due to exams my summer reading started a bit late but my list was pretty long anyways. As this post is up later than planned this is pretty much a wrap up as well.
So let`s jump right into it.

#1 First on my list is/was (I already finished this one by now) Yes Please by Amy Poehler.
If you know me you know I really love Saturday Night Live so Yes Please had been on my wishlist for a while. It is a beautiful book about how Amy Poehler fell in love with improv, as well as life.
I will have a more detailed review up for this one soon.

#2 The second book on my list is Looking for Alaska by John Green (which I as well have finished by now). This book follows the story of a boy in his first year of boarding school, where he meets a girl named Alaska. The book shows the many challenges and problems teenagers face. I will have a more in depths review up on this one as well during the next weeks.

#3 Next on my list is I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai which is an autobiography of this inspiring couragous young woman who is willing to put her life in danger to fight for our rights. It has been on my wishlist for a while, but so far I haven`t had the time to pick it up. Hopefully I will soon.

#4 Next I have Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. This book is a Fantasy, YA, Dystopian book. (I actually can`t put in a genre, especially not after I have read it). This book plays ina beautiful world of Seasons and Rythms. In this first part the trilogy Winter (the Season Kingdom) has been taken over by Spring and lost it`s magic. A small part of Winterians managed to escape and tries to get their Kingdom and their magic back.
As I have already read this I will also have a more detailed review up for this one soon.

#5 Is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. This one is a historical fiction with Death as the narrator. We follow the life of Liesel Memminger (the actual Book Thief). She is a young girl growing up in Nazi Germany and the Death follows her and tells her story, how she actually became a Book Thief and what these books mean to her.
I can also mark this one as read by now so stay tuned for a more in depth review, if you want to know more about it and my thoughts on it.

#6 Now I have a whole trilogy coming up. (Also marked as read) Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children, Hollow City and Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs.
This follows the story of a boy, Jacob, who after the death of his grandfather tavels to a lonely Island in Wales to find the abandoned orphanage of Miss Peregrine, where his grandfather grew up. He is not just finding out more about his Grandfathers life and death but also about himself.
This one is tricky to describe without spoilers so I don`t have a review planned on this one yet, but if you would want one let me know in the commentes below and I would try my best to get three spoiler free reviews up for you.

As I finished my trilogy in rehab a week before I went home I had to go with an ebook and surprise surprise it was nothing I had planned to read this summer but I am already 300 pages in so I will mention it here and I think you might see it in my next wrap up. It is Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. It is the first book of a trilogy and I really hope I can tell you more about it once I am finished reading.

#7 So the last book on my list would be Nora by Henrik Ibsen which is a classic I want to read for my studies, not sure yet wether I really pick it up or not, it is a short one and I know what it is about as we talked about it a lot last semester and it is often used as an example so I will have to read it eventually.

So this is it for now. I hope you enjoyed it and let me know what is on your Summer TBR or what you already read this summer in the comments below.

My Goodreads account is active again so if you want to follow me there again I will leave the link to my profile here.

Hope to see you soon again for another book post.
Take care

💜Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment