Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Review: Snow like Ashes by Sara Raasch

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hi everyone!

I am back with another review.

Today I have Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. Which is the first part of a Trilogy.

In this book we get to know a world consisting of  four Season Kingdoms and four Rythm Kingdoms.
In this very first book Spring had overtaken Winter and killed Winters Queen, who was contributing her Kingdom with magic.
Some escaped Winterians are now trying to free they fellow Winterians who are enslaved in Spring and by that regain control over their Kingdom and get their Magic back.

This book has incredible twists and turns and they get confusing at times but they didn`t really manage to change the feeling I got at some point of the book (I can`t tell you exactly what feeling it is as it would contain spoilers) on where the story and the characters are going, but that is basically the major problem I had with this book.

It has been the first of this genre that I have read in a while and it was definetly a great pick to get back into it.
Sara Raaschs writing is beautiful. It is as if she is painting the world for you with her words.
But as I already knew where the story was going half way through and the twists and turns that came didn`t change that I can only rate it 4/4,25 stars out of 5.

Have you read it?- Then let me know your thoughts on it.

I will be back with another post soon, so stay tuned.

Take care
💜Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment