Monday, August 22, 2016

Review: Yes Please by Amy Poehler


Hi everyone!

Today I got a review for you on Yes Please by Amy Poehler.

From what I knew about this book before I read it is an autobiographic book that tells obviously Amy Poehlers story on how she fell in love with Improv.

I knew Amy Poehler from Saturday Night Live and a bit from Parks and Recreation and she always made me laugh so this book had been on my wishlist before it even got released and I am very happy I got it from a friend a few months later as a gift.

It stood on my shelf for quiet some time before I picked it up but when I picked it up it was an unbelievable fast read.

Amy Poehler isn`t just describing how she fell in love with Improv but she also manages to describe life. What life throws at you and how to handle it while keeping your humour. And she does this in such an amazing way I can`t even describe it.
She explained in such a beautiful and funny way how Improv works and that it is not an easy job and how she made her first steps and grew and became what she is today.
She included those funny colourful pages of advices or quotes which made it somehow special to read. I loved the photos she integrated and the chapters her friends had written for her.
It is definetly not a typical autobiography and probably not everyones thing, but...

This book is full of life and fun and it teached me so much that even though it wasn`t completely what I had expected I still liked it.

I would rate it a 4.25/4.5 out of 5 stars but I would definetly say it is a thing of taste as it is very ironical and sarcastic at times.

If you read it let me know your thoughts in the comments below and I see you soon with another post.

Take care
💜Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment