Friday, September 16, 2016

Review: Rhapsody by Lauren E.Rico


Hi everyone!

I am back with another review for you.
Lauren E. Rico was so nice to send me a pre release copy of Rhapsody which is the second part to Reverie (if you want to read my review on Reverie, I will link to it here), in exchange for an honest review.

This review is spoiler free as long as you have read Reverie.

Rhapsody follows up on the happening of Reverie, where we only had Julias and Jeremys perspective. Rhapsody offers us the perspective of some more characters. We are getting insight into Matthews and Bretts thoughts, as well as Maggie who is new to the storyline.

Rhapsody is in my opinion different from Reverie when it comes to darkness but also very similar.
Lauren Rico manages it so well to describe the suffering of the people around Jeremy.
How hard it was for Brett to grow up with a brother who is a Sociopath and how hard it was for their parents.
How hard it is to not play along with the rules of Jeremy.

It is amazing to see how the relationships between the characters change and grow and how each individual character evolves.

And of course we are getting insight into Jeremys thoughts as well and of course I got creeped out again, but this time there were also moments when I had to smile and cheer on some other characters that met him along the way.

What I misse a bit in this book was the effect of classical music. It was still there and every time it was there the descriptions were as well and as thoughtful as in Reverie, but there wasn`t nearly as much of it in this one.
The music was a powerful tool in Reverie to make the atmosphere darker. In Rhapsody it is more of a companion for the characters.
I definetly could have had more of it as it was such a great description of the characters feelings, but that is really the only thing I can criticize at that point.

I still love Laurens writing style although it had evolved a bit throughout this trilogy. The text is a bit more dense than in Reverie, but it was definetly necessary to show how the characters evolve.

Laurens characters are so thought through and well developed. The only character I struggled a bit with is Matthew, but I think that is just a personal preference.

So, yes Rhapsody is different, especially when it comes to darkness and action, but it is as amazingly written as Reverie.

So my rating is between 4.75 and 5 stars of 5.

Rhapsody is going to be released 1st October, so make sure to let me know in the comments below when you check it out,

I hope to see you soon again for another book related post.

Take care

💜Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment