Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Review: The Surrendered by Case Maynard


Hi everyone,

today I am back with maybe the last review of this month. I requested The Surrendered by  Case Maynard and I was lucky again and got this book provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

So let's jump right into it.

This Dystopian plays in future America after a financial breakdown, when The System has taken over and parents have to start to pay The Tax. Those who can't afford The Tax for their children after age 8 have to surrender their children to The Tax where they are sent to work camps, only one child per family is free. The camps are watched by Regulators and have an Overseer all controlled by the Master.
In this system we find young Vera "Vee" Delancourt who hates this System and wants nothing more than to fight it.
One incident leads to another one and soon a revolution forms.

This book is full of action, a fast read and really hard to put away.
Its many twists and turns lead to unexpected and surprising happenings and ending.

Case Maynard describes every scene as if she is painting it with her words so that I had them right in front of my eye, imagining seeing it actually happen.

I love Dystopian as a genre in general, as it is critical to todays world and this one has a special approach to some of now a days problems.

I loved this one so much that I was actually a bit sad when it ended, because I could have gone on reading it forever.
When I first started it the System reminded me so much of the Hunger Games and the Lovestory so much of the one in the Host, so having the two favorite things of two of my favorite books combined made me love this one from the start.

The characters are well developed, the plot is so captivating so 4.75/5 out of 5 stars. For me closer to 5 stars than 4.

I hope this one inspires you to read and I see you again on Friday with my monthly Wrap up.

Take care,
💜Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment