Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Review: Hollow City by Ransom Riggs


Hi everyone,

today I have another review. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs is the second book of the Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children Trilogy.

To keep this spoiler free I don't want to say anything to the plot unlesbar that Jacob did find the abandoned orphanage and with that a peculiar world and the peculiar children. If you want to read my more indepth review on the first book you will find it here.

So on to my thoughts on Hollow City.

This book takes off where the last ended. Which was great. The first book moved a bit too slow for my taste and it didn't really seem to start before I was 260 pages in.
Whereas part two now was fastpaced, full of action. It went a bit slowet again in the middle but still I didn't lost interest and didn't want to put it away.

I still struggle a bit with the series. I like the main parts of it but some other parts I find really annoying at times.
I still think I would have liked it bettet at the age of 13.
The twist at the end wasn't really my thing but needed to be done for a third part.
Looking forward to reading it now and see how that will be and maybe change my mind.

4 stars are my rating. It is definetly better than part 1.

How did you like it? Let me know in the comments below.

I see you again on Friday for another bookish post.

Take care,
💜Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment