Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Review: I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai



Hi everyone,

today I got another review for you. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai.
Now this review isn't up on my Goodreads site for a reason. While reading this book I posted updates about my reading progress as per usual, but this time it started a discussion. Now usually I don't mind discussions as long as they are overall respectful and I don't just mean towards me but also towards the author of the book.
Criticism is fine and needed but if done it should be constructive and not destroying.
With that said I want to give you my honest and neutral review of this autobiography.

So for those who do not know who Malala Yousafzai is, she is a Pakistani girl who stood up for education (not just girls education, but for education in general) and got shot by the Taliban.
In this book she tells her story, but not just that. She also tells a lot about her roots, the country and region she grew up in and of course how she experienced life under the Taliban.

I say how she experiences it on purpose. Because as this is an autobiography she speaks for herself and this is something I would people like to acknowledge when criticizing the book.

As of for me I really liked this book. It was informative while also teaching some life lessons. I was captivated by the writing, but also by a lot of other things in this book.
Who knows me knows I strongly believe the world can only become a better place when every person gets an education. So for me this was without a question a moving and well written autobiography which I gave 5 out of 5 stars.

Have you read it? If so what were your thoughts?

I hope you enjoyed this post. Stay tuned for another review on Friday.

Take care
💜Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment