Friday, October 21, 2016

Review: The Secrets we keep by Deb Loughead

Hi everyone,

I am back with another review. Thanks to Netgalley and Dundurn I got an ARC of The Secrets we keep by Deb Loughead in exchange for an honest review. I requested this book at the beginning of the month as I thought this might be a great read. Besides that I really liked the cover. Now that I read it I can only say it is perfect.

So let's jump into the actual review.

We are having four teenagers who each are dealing with the loss and the guilt of their friends Kits death. Kit went missing after a party and was later found dead. All four teenagers are having their own stories of that night and their own way of dealing with it.
This novel is mysterious and very well thought through.
It doesn't just focus on one problem but points at several.
How social are we today? - Bound to our phones, always on call for everyone while not really communicating after all.
How do we deal with people who are different?
How do we deal with guilt? And how do we deal with grief?
All this is what this book executes in a very well manner.

The fact that I felt intrigued by the story at all times throughout the story was impressive considering it a novel for younger readers.
It is a fast read and I really enjoyed it and would recommend it not just for teens, but for everyone who enjoys a fast read which is dealing with more critical topics.

So 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks again to Dundurn and Netgalley for providing me with a copy.

Let me now if this is going onto your TBR in the comments below.
I hope you enjoyed this post and I will be back on Monday with another bookish post for you.

Take care
💜Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment