Friday, October 28, 2016

Spooktecular Reads


Hi everyone,

since Halloween is right around the corner I thought I present you some of the as I find spookiest, creepiest and most disgusting books from my shelf. As I just recently discovered YA for me I can't present you much from that genre, but all of these books I read after I turned 16 years.

So first of all I got a really disgusting trilogy on that list that comes from the Swedish author duo Erik Axl Sund.
If I remember right it is called the Victoria Bergman trilogy by Erik Axl Sund.
This is a psychological thriller series who follows up on several murder series that all seem connected to each other but also to Victoria Bergman.
These books are highly disgusting and every time I thought it couldn't get worse it did get worse.
These books are intriguing and very fast to read, but can also make your stomach flip.
The first one is  The Crow Girl as of for the other two I am not sure about the English titles.

Next I have something less scary but also very intriguing especially for younger teens. And those are The Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony Ditterlizzi and Holly Black.
This one is just so incredible and I don't know how to describe it without giving away too much.
Jared moves with his mother and his siblings into his aunts old creepy house. Soon enough they discover strange things happening and find themselves in this magical world.
It is just amazing.

Now onto a book I used to read incredible often for Halloween when I was a teen.
The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty.
This is just such a classic for Halloween and we used to read the book before Halloween just to top it with the movie on Halloween.
The title mainly says what this book is about so I don't want to say much about it.

Another classic is Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin.
Well this is both as a book and as a movie a weird one.
Rosemary moves with her husband into a new apartment. Soon enough she finds herself pregnant. But something is weird about that pregnancy. Soon enough she finds herself in this circles of witches who want to take away her baby who seems to be a child of the devil.

Next there is Argus by Jillian Hoffmann.
This can be in my opinion read on its own but it is so much better in combination with Cupido and Morpheus.
This Thriller is just amazing.
We have a very disgusting case and I honestly read that book in one day, just because I wanted to know for sure the murder or ring of murders gets caught. If they did get caught see for yourself.

Finally I have Coraline by Neil Gaiman. Which can be read by teens I think.
It is a very short and intriguing read.
Following Caroline who ends up in this weird world.
It is scary at times it is weird at times but for me it definitely belonged on my spooktecular reads list.

What are your favorite reads for Halloween?

Hope to see you again soon.

Take care
💜Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment