Sunday, November 13, 2016

My very late October Wrap up


Hi everyone,

I recently went through my posts and realized I haven't done a October Wrap up and since I am very certain that I won't manage to finish any book in November (shame on me) I thought I will do that now.

I know I promised you a "New on my shelf post" but this will have to wait until next weekend as I am still awaiting one order.

So in October I read a total of four books.

The first one I finished was Heart of Stone by Debbra Lynn this is the second book of the Hollywood Lies Series/ Trilogy and it focuses on the crime from a different perspective.
I have a more in depths review on it here.

The second book I finished was I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai. This book obviously led to some discussions which made me not post a review on Goodreads, but you can find my thoughts on it here.

Next I read The Secrets we keep by Deb Loughead. I was lucky and got a copy of it via Netgalley.
This book deals with the loss of a loved teenage boy after a tragic accident. How his friends are dealing with their grief, how his family is dealing with it. It is also taking up the topic of guilt as well as the fact of how social media controls our life. For a more in depth review click here.

And the last book I read was The promise of life by Danielle Bane, Monica Bane and Jonathan Parker. This book is a non fiction. Telling the story of Danielle who's giving up her baby for adoption. This is an amazing book although I have had my problems with it at times.
Find my review here.

So these are all the books for this month.
I am currently still trying to finish Haiene (Sharks) and Peter Pan this month but due to my schedule and my assignments I am not too positive about this.

What are you reading? Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon.
Take care
💜Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment