Sunday, November 20, 2016

New on my shelf!


Hi everyone,

I am back after another stressful week. But I am hopeful that I will get more time to read from next week on.
Today's post is about new books on my shelf and my new eBooks.
I already mentioned some of them in previous TBRs but these are all unread (shame on me).

Opposed to my usual posts these will be in a particular order. To make me stick to my TBR I want to present them in the order I am planning on reading them.

So the first book is an eBook which I purchased for my norwegian literature class. I already mentioned it in some of my previous posts and am already 125 pages in, so more than half way through. Haiene (Sharks) by Jens Bjørneboe tells the story of the ship Neptun who goes missing on its tour from Manila to Marseille. Even though I am more than half way through it I don't want to tell yet how I like it, but I promise to put a more in depth review up once I am through it.

Next on my list is Peter Pan. I am about half way through it which you know if you follow me on Goodreads. So Peter Pan is special to me. I wanted to start reading children classics as I disliked most of them as a child. I got this one in the Puffin Chalk Edition which is a little bonus, but I still have mixed feelings about Peter Pan, more to that in my review once I am through.

So completely new on my shelf is The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff. I was lucky and got an ARC which surprised me in the mail on Tuesday. This one is a World War II historical fiction. From what I could gather from the synopsis this deals with a story of a young girl who gets pregnant from a Nazi soldier during the occupation of Holland. She gets cast out and has to give her baby up for adoption. She finds her new home above a German rail station where she one day discovers a boxcar containing Jewish infants who are on their way to a concentration camp. Reminded of her own child she steals one of the babies and flees. She is rescued by a German circus where she has to blend in to stay undetected. For me the whole story sounds so intriguing. I don't want to think of The Nightingale or Water for the Elephants I just want to dive into it neutral and see where the story takes me.

Next on my list is Gizelles Bucket List: My life with a very large dog by Lauren Watt.
This was offered me as an eBook via Netgalley. Who knows me knows I have a dog and a pretty smart one who makes me smile every day. So the synopsis of this book as Marley and me for the next generation totally catches my eye. I am very much looking forward to reading this book.

Rebel of the sands byAlwyn Hamilton is a book I bought end of August. I actually bought it as a fall read. It made me so much think of the Snow like Ashes series just in the desert. I was just intrigued by the thought of it and am much looking forward to reading it.

Next I got offered another book via Netgalley. The Fall of Lisa Bellow by Susan Perabo. This one is about a two girls being in a sandwich store when a masked man with a gun enters. The two girls know each other from school but don't like each other much.
One of the girls gets taken by the man, the other girl is left behind.
From what I gathered from the synopsis this book tells the story from the girl left behind.
I didn't really gather a lot from the synopsis and to be honest as much as I was intrigued by it as much was I confused, but this can be a good sign too. No matter what I am looking forward to get into it.

Finding Jade by Mary Jennifer Payne is one I got from Dundurn via Netgalley.
The synopsis of this book got me so intrigued.
Jasmine Guzman is a teenage girl whos twin sister got abducted years ago. Climate change makes living on earth difficult in the year 2030 and Jasmin struggles more and more with her mothers illness. While all that happens she seem to discover her powers as a seer and hope of finding her abducted twin sister arises.
This sounds to me just amazing.

Next is another book I got via Netgalley (yes lets all assume my percentage is very low right now as they are all not reviewed yet but I will do my best to get to them as soon as possible).
The impossible Fortress by Jason Rekulak is a teenage lovestory kinda thing. A fourteen year old boy seduces a girl to steal a copy of Playboy and finds her to be his computer soulmate. This isn`t what I usually read and I don`t have any expectations at all but I am looking forward to it as it is a bit different from what I usually read.

Walk on Eart a Stranger by Rae Carson is a book I have previously mentioned on my Fall TBR. Sadly I didn`t manage to read it in fall.
This is telling the story of a girl who can sense gold during the time of the Goldrush. I am much intrigued by it and I can`t wait to finally pick it up.

Next we have The Selection Series by Kiera Cass. This box set is actually on my shelf since summer, but I still count it as new as I haven`t picked it up yet although it has been on numerous of my TBRs.
This is a dystopian although I am pretty sure I will like the romance part of it more from what I have heared of it so far. It basically sounds like the Bachelor in book form and I can`t wait to see who gets the last rose, well the prince.

So on to the rest of the norwegian books I got new. And these are not really in any particular order.
I am still waiting for one (for my literature class) to arrive and this will also be the first one I will have to get into.
I will just quickly mention their original titles and authors because for most of them (except one) I absolutely do not know what they are about.
The first one is Doppler by Erlend Loe. I have read various books of this author before and most of them have this very weird norwegian humor, but I just find them very entertaining and usually easy to read.
Next I got Like Østenfor Regnet by Levi Henriksen. I never read anything of Levi Henriksen before nor do I know what this book is about. There is something weird about me and norwegian books that aren`t thrillers or crimes. I do not want to know what they are about before I actually read them. I like to dive into them totally blind.
Then I got Salme ved reisens slutt by Erik Fosnes Hansen. This is the one I am still waiting for. As it is for my norwegian literature class I know a tiny bit about it. So far I think it is about the Titanic which would fit perfectly into our classes topic which is again the ocean.
And finally we got Brødre i blodet by Ingvar Ambjørnsen. This is the one I actually know more about as I have watched the movie. This is about a weird guy called Elling who always finds himself in this awkward situations. It has again this weird norwegian humor and I am sure I will like it.

Now let us all just wonder when I am going to read all this.
I put it out there. It is in an order and hopefully it will make me stick to my plan.

Let me know what you are reading or if you are reading any of the books mentioned above.


Have a nice day,
take care
💜Nadja


No comments:

Post a Comment