Sunday, December 18, 2016

My Best of 2016


Hi everyone!

We are already at the end of 2016. I am probably reading my last book of this year, so it is time for my best of 2016.
I read a total of 35 (37) books this year and I enjoyed most of them (some of them I can't name yet as they do not have a release date yet) which makes narrowing it down to 6 not as easy as I thought.

#6 I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai which I liked so much for the things it teached me about life.
As per usual I will link my in depth review for you here.



#5 Yes Please by Amy Poehler. A book full of life and such a light read. (Find my review here)

  


#4 Snow like Ashes by Sara Raasch captured me right away. Her descriptions are so visual that I felt she painted the scenes with her words. (Read my review here)



The next three are hard to place. I enjoyed all three of them the same way but for different reasons. I know I didn't gave all of them 5 stars but they were all pretty close. They could all be my number one but there was one who stuck out more to me, mainly because of personal preferences.
So here we go number 3 to 1.

#3 Reverie by Lauren Rico. This one is special. The way Lauren Rico presents the darkness of the story through music is amazing. It makes reading this book a special experience. More on that in my in depth review here.



#2 The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff is a recent read. I am still processing this World War II historical fiction about a unique beautiful friendship. Read the review here.



And now drumroll please for my number 1!!!
You may have guessed it or not.
This is a book I wish wouldn't have ended. I could have kept reading on just this one book.
Hint number two would be it is a dystopian and I love dystopians as you may know.

Now did you guess it?

Well my #1 is The Surrendered by Case Maynard.


This Dystopian plays in future America after a financial breakdown, when The System has taken over and parents have to start to pay The Tax. Those who can't afford The Tax for their children after age 8 have to surrender their children to The Tax where they are sent to work camps, only one child per family is free. The camps are watched by Regulators and have an Overseer all controlled by the Master.
In this system we find young Vera "Vee" Delancourt who hates this System and wants nothing more than to fight it.
One incident leads to another one and soon a revolution forms.
For a more in depth review click here.

Now that you all know my Top 6 of 2016 let me know yours in the comments below!
I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and New Years Eve and I hope to see you again in 2017 (yes I am taking a little blogging break, but I am back with new bookish content in 2017).

Take care,
🎄Nadja


1 comment:

  1. Oh I think your #1 is something for me. That sounds pretty cool. I like stories like that. I´m looking forward to the days when I have more time to read books that have nothing to do with law. :D

    ReplyDelete