Sunday, December 4, 2016

Review: Peter Pan by J.M.Barrie

Hi everyone,
it is review time again.
Now this may not be the average book review you might expect. We all know Peter Pan by J.M.Barrie in some way. Wether we watched the movie, the TV series, some other adaptions such as in Once Upon A Time or if we read the book. We all know somehow what this magical story and children's classic is about. We either love it or we just do not know what to think about it. I belong more to the latter group as you will see in a bit.

Now I read this in the Puffin Chalk Edition which by the way is a great gift idea for Christmas or any other occasion (I apologize for the shaky picture). It is a cute little "made old" edition.
But that just on the site note.

Peter Pan has to me always been a story I have had mixed feelings toward.
First I thought he is mean because he's kidnapping all these children. Not wanting them to see their families ever again. For me he was selfish and jealous in so many ways.
Then again he took them to that place called Neverland where all the adventures happen and I somehow loved them, but then again there was this mean thing with Hook and the crocodile. So every time I started to like this story something I highly disliked came up again. Which as a kid put Peter Pan on a no watch and no read list.

So when I picked up the book now I hoped to be able to solve some of the issues I had with it as a kid, seeing it from a different point of view now. But ohhh was I wrong.
I loved the language and actually reading it, but I still had the same up and downs with it that I had as a kid.
I guess this is just not made for me but for the way it is written and the things I love about it 3.5 to 3.75 stars out of 5.

Let me know what you think about it, maybe it will actually change my mind.

Take care all my lovely Readers
💜Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment