Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Fifty Bookish Questions Book Tag

Hello readers,

Yes today I am greeting you differently! I am still working a bit on my style here and I was really bored by my "Hi everyone".

So today's post is the Fifty Bookish Questions Tag to get to know me and my reading a bit better. I found this tag at mylittlebookblog.

(And yes I admit it...- I didn't manage to read that nearly 400 something pages chunk of a book I wanted to review today. But hopefully next Sunday!)

So onto the questions.
 1. What was the last book you read?
Pigeon Blood Red by Ed Duncan, see my review here.

2. Was it a good one?
Yes and no. I liked it but I also had my problems with it.

3. What made it a good one?
The story and that it was fast paced and full of action.

4. Would you recommend it to other people?
I would recommend it to people who like a classical crime story.

5. How often do you read?
Unless I am in a reading slump I read daily.

6. Do you like to read?
Isn't that obvious? - Yes I do like to read.

7. What was the last bad book you read?
Bad book? I just didn't enjoy Easy Money by Jens Lapidus which doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad book, just not my thing.

8. What made you dislike it?
Too much information and the lack of morality.

9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Yes and no. I wish I would be good at it, but I doubt I am. I had this blog book going on for a while (you can check the first chapters out here.). I think 99,0% that I would be a better editor than writer.

10. Has any book ever influenced you greatly?
There are so many, but to name some
  • Unbearable Lightness by Portia DeRossi
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers
  • The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
11. Do you read fan fiction?
Sometimes, but not frequently.

12. Do you write fan fiction?
I wish I had the time. Sometimes I watch a TV show and wish I could continue the episode the way I want it. But no, no time for that.

13. What's your favorite book?
Since my childhood The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. I still have the old edition my mother already had.

14. What's your least favorite book?
I think 50 Shades of Grey...

15. Do you prefer physical books or reading on a device?
Physical books.
Although reading on a device can have its advantages, you can carry more books with less weight in your bag.

16. When did you learn to read?
1st Grade, so with 6.

17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury in school and at university Psalm at Journey`s End by Erik Föhnes Hansen (I am currently reading that one).

18. What is your favorite book series?
The Erika Falck crime books by Camilla Läckberg or The Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. Or the Hunger Games or... You see that is a difficult one to answer.

19. Who is your favorite author?
How shall I answer that one?

20. What is your favorite genre?
Crime/Thriller and Dystopian. I recently also discovered that I like historical fiction.

21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games. Do I need to explain why?

22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Yes, I think that is was books are supposed to do. Books that were great at that are The City of the Dreaming Books by Walter Moers and the Snow like Ashes Trilogy by Sara Raasch (reviews to the first two books are here and here).

23. Which book do you wish had a sequel?
The Surrendered by Case Maynard (find my review here). I just didn't want it to end.

24.Which book do you wish didn't had a sequel?
Probably 50 Shades of Grey. One of that was enough for me...

25. How long does it take you to read a book?
Sometimes days, sometimes weeks. It depends on the book and of course how much time I have to read.

26. Do you like when books become movies?
Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. If a book has information that are important to fully understand the story and you can't transport it into the movie I prefer that the book stays a book.

27. Which movie was ruined by its movie adaption?
It wasn't exactly ruined it just got a more funny touch as certain information was missing - Headhunters by Jo Nesbø.

28. Which Movie has dine a bok justice?
The Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson the swedish movies. I was a bit scared at first that they wouldn't manage to transport every information and detail but they did.

29. Do you read newspapers?
Online sometimes.

30. Do you read magazines?
No.

31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
I care about both equally.

32. Do you read while in bed?
Yes. All. The. Time.

33. Do you read while on the toilet?
Sometimes.

34. Do you read while in the car?
I usually drive, so no. But I think anyways as I get sick when I read while driving.

35. Do you read while in the bath?
Yes. All. The. Time.
I light candles and put on music and dim the light.

36. Are you a fast reader?
People say yes. I say it depends.

37. Are you a slow reader?
I think question 36 might answer that.

38. Where is your favorite place to read?
Lying down on the couch or in bed.

39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
That depends on the distraction. I can read with the TV on but not with people talking to me.

40. Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
No.

41. Who gave you your love for reading?
My mom.

42. What book is next to read on your list?
Once I have finished the two books I am currently reading is Gizelles Bucket List - My life with a very large Dog by Lauren Fern Watt.

43. When did you start to read Chapter books?
Right after I learned to read, so with 6 or 7.

44. Who's your favorite children's book author?
Astrid Lindgren!!!

45. Which author would you most like to interview?
Ah...there are so many...Stieg Larsson is already dead, so Suzanne Collins.

46. Which author do you think you'd be friends with?
Lauren Rico...she knows why.

47. What book have you reread the most?
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. I think 9 to 10 times.

48. Which books do you consider classics?
Books that had an impact on society. Wether it was language or story wise. Wether it changes a style or a genre.

49. Which books do you think should be taught in school?
Dystopian. You read so many classics, that are often so far away from reality. They teach about the past. I think dystopians often have a lot of criticism on today's world and society in them. They generally make me think and intrigue, and I think there is much to learn from them.

50. Which books should be banned from school?
I don+t think books should be banned from schools. I just think the books you rad in class should vary a lot more. After reading the play by the same author you know it! You know the style and what is special about it, you do not need a third or fourth or fifth play. So I would rather prefer more variation.


There you go 50 Questions and a really really long post. I hope you enjoyed it and got to know me better especially book wise.
I see you again next Sunday for another bookish post.

Take care,
📚 Nadja




No comments:

Post a Comment