Sunday, February 12, 2017

Review: Requiem by Lauren E. Rico

Hi readers,

Late night review is calling on me.
But it is a good one.
When Lauren E. Rico offered me her first book for review back in September 2016 (it was also my first ever review request) I didn't know where this would lead me.
I didn't actually know that it was a trilogy, I didn't know what the story actually was about, but no more than that didn't I know what I would learn from all of this and that Lauren would become such a great friend (who I never actually met).
All this doesn't make me less critical towards her work but even more so.

Now if you haven't read the first two books of this series head over to my reviews here for Reverie and here for Rhapsody.

Lets face it I usually hate for series to end so I always take ages until I pick up the conclusions but this one just had such an amazing conclusion and I actually wanted to know how it ends.

Julia and Matthew are living their lives, happy with little David. They are living up their careers fullfilling their dreams as musicians.
Brett and Maggie are ready to get married, when Brett gets notified about his fathers death...
Now where is Jeremy and what has he got to do with all this?
He manages to destroy his own career even more and blames Julia and Matthew for it. Revenge is right around the corner.
Who makes it out alive?

It was so fast paced, so extremly ugly detailed at parts that the thriller aspect left me on the edge of my seat.

What I loved even more about this book is how Lauren especially in the beginning managed to let the music speak for the feelings of the characters.

In this book I also finally started to like Matthew who always was the only character I had my troubles with.

Amazing read and 5 out of 5 stars for this conclusion.

Huge thank you again to Lauren for providing me with a free copy!

Requiem is up for sale on the 13th February. Let me know how you enjoyed it and what your favorite scenes were.

I see you again next Sunday for another bookish post.
Take care,
📚 Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment