Sunday, March 19, 2017

Review: Gizelles Bucket List by Lauren Fern Watt


Hello readers,

today I am back with a beautiful review.
A couple of months ago Simon and Schuster offered me a free copy of Gizelle's Bucket List - My life with a very large dog by Lauren Fern Watt. As a dog owner I had to read this. It sounded so intriguing and although it had been on my TBR for a while before I managed to pick it up it was so worth it.

This book should actually come with at least two other recommendations.

1. Grab some tissues.
2. Snuggle up with your puppy.

Lauren picks up this big English Mastiff puppy who she instantly names Gizelle, they grow together, grow this beautiful relationship between a dog and the dogs person (in this case Lauren) and soon Lauren finds herself on an incredible journey also called life with her trusty friend Gizelle.
Now as we all know dogs rarely live longer than we do and when Gizelles time is come Lauren makes her a bucket list, which a big part of this book is about.

As an Australien Shepherd owner (which is a medium sized breed) I can relate to some of the typical comments you get when your dog doesn't fit into a handbag and at times Lauren's descriptions of people's reactions mad me laugh so hard, that I experience our walks now from a totally different point of view.
I also felt I could absolutely relate to the love between her and Gizelle because I see and experience this everyday with my dog (Jerry). He loves to sleep on my legs, he always need to touch me in someway, he follows me like a shadow everywhere I go and he always has my back.
So no wonder I teared up and cried like a baby when Gizelles time had come because that made me realize my dog won't be there forever (although I always try to push that thought always as far away as I can).
This book is full of beautiful moments, it is honest, funny as well as sad. It is life and I just felt it was such a great read that I actually run around recommending it to everyone I know. In addition to that it reads so fluently and easily that I could have read it in one sitting.
So no wonder that this got 5 out of 5 stars.


Since just thinking about how sad the ending was I am actually about to snuggle up with my big puppy and we are wishing you all a great week.

See you again next Sunday for another bookish post.
Take care,
📚 Nadja and today Jerry as well

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful book! Guess I would cry a whole day after reading it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing, from laughing to crying. I really needed my dog to cuddle for hours after I finished the book.

      Delete