Sunday, July 9, 2017

Review: Hope Dies Last by Megan Webb



Hello readers,

my first final exam is done and I just have three more to go.
During all the studying it is really relaxing to sit down with a fun read during the evenings. A couple of weeks ago Megan Webb approached me and offered me her book Hope Dies Last for review.

Hope Dies Last is an Alaskan adventure. Mekana works at a pet-store when one day her Super extroverted sister talks her into following her friend Chessy  along to Alaska to a funeral.
Socially introverted Mekana doesn't like the idea at first, but soon Chessy and her sister make it such an interesting idea to her that she can't say no to it.

In Alaska Mekana finds herself soon in the Alaskan wilderness as the victim of a crashed sightseeing plane. The survival battle starts soon but more interesting is what brought her in this situation in the first place.

As serious as this whole story sounds as interesting was it portrayed or maybe just perceived by me. After a funny start of conversations held in movie quotes it was hard for me to feel the seriousness of the situation once the plane crashed. I mean...come on, it is a serious situation and I just found it ridiculously funny at times, lacking eventually the tension of an adventure. Not saying it was bad, because after all I felt a serious situation got portrayed in a light way making it an absolutely enjoyable easy and quick read.
I definitely had some issues with it but that is due to personal preferences.

It is a solid 3 out of 5 stars.
It is funny, intriguing, easy to read and fast paced. So perfect for a quick beach read or a nighttime pick.

If you have picked up this book please let me know in the comments below.

Next week is a special!!!
I got a blog tour for you on the blog, so stay tuned for a guest post, a closer look at the author and finally my review on Sunday. If you want to know which author stops by make sure you check in during the week.

See you again soon for another bookish post.

Take care,
📚 Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment