Sunday, July 2, 2017

Review: Walk on earth a stranger by Rae Carson



Hello readers,

I am right before my finals and reading is sometimes hard for me during those weeks of crazy study hours and exams. Thankfully there aren't too many exams in one week this time, so I still managed to read a fair bit.

Today's review is on Walk on earth a stranger by Rae Carson but before I jump into the review I wanted to remind you all that I am going to kick off my new Wednesday posts with a guest post, so stay tuned for that one.

Now Walk on earth a stranger by Rae Carson is a young adult historical fiction novel with magical elements taking place during the Goldrush.
Leah "Lee" Westfale is a young girl who grew up in a loving family. With her dad sick she is forced to help with even the manly tasks which makes her a strong young girl, who can hunt and track. But Lee can do so much more. She can sense Gold in the world around her. Veins deep in the earth, small nuggets in a stream, even gold dust.
But what would someone do to control a girl with her powers?

One day Lee looses everything when her parents get murdered and she decides to flee west.
Who can she trust?

With this book I felt like a typical first book of a series. The characters get introduced and the adventure starts and that is really it. This book is really just the journey from Georgia to California, which do not get me wrong, is interesting to read about, but I really felt although I saw a great adventure there was not much happening.
I saw some great character developement and felt in the end very well introduced to the series (is it a duology or a trilogy or? Does anyone know? Let me know in the comments!) and I really hope this picks up in speed and adventure and action the second book.

As of now I am rating this book with 3 out of 5 stars. It was a really easy and quick read although I felt it moved slow and I really like the characters but somehow something is missing for me to give a higher rating.

Let me know how you enjoyed this book.

I will see you again on Wednesday with a guest post by Stephen Clark who's debut novel Citizen Kill will be released on Tuesday July 4. Stephen will talk about the 5 reasons why you should quit writing your novel and I really thing this will be an interesting and humorous post that is coming your way.
So make sure to check it out on Wednesday!

Take care,
📚 Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment