Sunday, August 6, 2017

Review: The Selection by Kiera Cass


Hello readers,

I am sorry that this went up late.
As some of you may have noticed my reading has slowed down a bit and I am a bit behind on my Goodreads reviews as well (well way behind). The reason being is I catched a virus that really knocked me off my feet and I am just starting to feel better.
So I am really happy to finally bring you my review on the first novel of the The Selection Series by Kiera Cass, The Selection.

Now I picked that up at the beginning of July not expecting much from it. I knew some people loved it but mostly because of the romance and not the dystopian part of it. So besides this being marketed as The Hunger Games meets The Bachelor I really put my expectations down down down. Way down.

Now this book plays in a dystopian world where everyone belongs to a caste, which is determined by your profession and it is usually impossible to move up castes. So where a six needs to work hard to make ends meet and still doesn't have enough for food, a two just needs to model and lives a pretty good life.
Now America Singer is a five in love with Aden who is a six.
One day the Royal announce that there will be a Selection and that the girl who wins will not only marry the handsome Prince Maxon but also become Queen.
America more or less forced applies for the competition and like a wonder gets chosen to be among the 25 contestants.
But what is with Aden? How will she manage at court? And more over will she fall for Maxon?

Now I honestly couldn't love the first book for the dystopian part of it, because it was barely there it got barely introduced either. Up until page 70 I thought I might actually quit reading it. America annoyed me and I felt the whole concept wasn't made for me. But from page 100 on I was hooked. I absolutely loved it. Maxons character was amazing and I started to like America more and more. The contestants were so fun to get to know and I started to like this for the romance and couldn't put it away.

Because the dystopian part of it was missing I rated it 4 out of 5 stars.

What were your thoughts? Let me know in the comments below.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I will see you again on Wednesday for another bookish post.

Take care,
đź“šNadja


No comments:

Post a Comment